photo peel-onion_zps30a4c55e.png

Sunday 30 March 2014

Brighton

As the UK celebrates gay marriage becoming legal, we thought a trip to Brighton was in order. Just £10 for a return ticket and 1 hour away, it's rude not to really. The sun was shining and the little town is a perfect way to spend a history making Spring day. The pebbly beach was beautiful and despite the Lanes being packed, there was lots of space to roam on the shore. My little pumps kept filling with stones though...



Tomasz and I are moving into our own place in a few weeks, and I was seriously considering nicking a few of these chairs for our garden... 












Once the pebbles had gotten the better of us we mooched up the hill to the Lanes. Here are lots of cute and quirky boutique shops and cafes. My Mum is from Brighton originally so I've been a few times before, but there are always lots of new little shops popping up.

  


We then went to have a look at the stunning Royal Pavilion. Built for George IV, this exotic beauty looks rather out of place in an English seaside town, adding a little bit of unexpected magic to the landscape. 








After a lot of walking, our tummies were rumbling so we found a sweet little street side bistro and a table outside in the sunshine. We ordered some meats and cheese followed by garlic prawns to share. Tomasz then had a lasagna and for me a warm goats cheese salad with chicken. The food wasn't bad, but I could definitely have used some dressing on my lettuce. 



 
Feeling rather sleepy we meandered on through the side streets doing a spot of shopping, and came across an ice cream parlour to duck in to. I was still quite full, so only managed a lick or two of my banana scoop (lovely though it was).










I couldn't resist passing The White Company without having a look. They are quite dear, but I find their shops so calming, serene and a pleasure to experience. We bought their Seychelles Scent Diffuser which actually has 20% off on their website.  The smell is a wonderful tropical flowers and coconut, and will remind me of our lovely day by the sea.


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment